Betcha never thought of using your online survey tool as a quiz or test! Oh — you did? I know you did — so did I and a bunch of other users and now the QuestionPro team has given us what we’ve asked for — A Quiz and Test Scoring Function — YAY!
So, now you’re probably wondering how you’re going to use this fabulous tool. You’re in luck because I’m going to give you a few ideas that will not only help your decision making, but will help your users and respondents make decisions as well.
Creative ways to use the quiz and test function
- Personality quizzes: Of course — online quizzes (that’s why we called it the quiz feature). But seriously — why would you want to feature a quiz in the first place and how will it help you make decisions? I’m glad you asked. You see — I actually use a quiz on my web site, DIYMarketers.com. I created a marketing personality quiz that allows my readers to see what marketing personality they are and them choose the marketing strategies that work best with their personality. It’s definitely good for them (because they make better decisions) and it’s good for me because now I know what communication style my readers are. It also helps me deliver on products and services that mesh with what they really want and need.
- Tests for understanding: Again, this is fairly obvious. You can use this feature with employee surveys to test how well your company’s policies are being understood or implemented. Consider using this feature with online training both with customers and with employees. It’s a great way to track progress and improvement.
- Lead and opportunity qualification: You can also look at “tests” as thresholds to cross. I’m planning on using this test feature to create an opportunity analysis that my clients can use to gauge new customer opportunities. In other words — I can use the QuestionPro test feature to have my prospects qualify themselves and their opportunities. Simply ask your qualifying questions, provide weights or scores for each choice and at the end of the questionnaire, you will know whether the opportunity that’s before you is a good fit for your company.
- Choose the best product: You can use the quiz feature to help your customers choose the best product or service fit for their application. Imagine you were trying to choose which ereader to pick: Kindle or iPad. You might want to take a quiz to see which of your behaviors or applications best matches the features of the new product.
- Customer satisfaction: If your industry requires a special certification such as ISO in manufacturing – this is a super way to do customer satisfaction surveys. You can create a survey or test that allows your customers to score YOUR performance in specific areas of improvement. Now instead of just getting ratings – you can actually get a grade from your customer!
How to use the scoring feature
If you’re like me, you might expect to find this feature straight up front in your QuestionPro dashboard. But you’ll find it inside the question type area.
And if you want to set up the logic — do it this way:
I’m sure you’re going to want to get into the details right away — here’s the help file.